Monday, January 6, 2020

2019 Year in Review

I don't know how many people actually visit and read my blogspot. But for me, it's a way to reflect on this past year 2019, and remember/recall the highlights as well as monumental life moments:

CHARLES TING (June 12, 1933 to Sept 19, 2019)
Video Tribute: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGVCX048oDE
Dad passed away in my arms as we were trying to rush him to hosptial (low oxygen levels.) His heart stopped and he went to be with the Lord on Thursday morning 9/19/2019.  My father was mistreated and we begged him to move in with us, but he stayed with his wife till the end.  Dealing with his wife ("she who must not be named") reared her true nature upon my father's illness.  Dealing with her was worse than the actual passing of my father and mother.  A real tragedy.  May my father's life be an example to others to choose wisely and get to really know a person and their true motives before you get married. Yet, this chapter of my life is not over:  I must pay monthly financial support to her for the rest of my life, or her life, or till she is gainfully employed or remarried (ha! how likely will that happen?)  Will anyone ever read my blogspot.  Message me if you do.

ERIN TING Got Engaged.  Gus proposed to Erin in June. They plan to get married after Erin finishes her master study program in June 2020.  She hopes to be place into a good OT (occupational therapy) program in the Los Angeles area right after their wedding.  Gus and Erin plan to live in the LA area. Gus will be a CPA and currently works for PWC (Price Waterhouse Cooper), a top public accounting firm. Forewarning:  The wedding venue only seats 270.  The Ting and Liao family alone comprises of 105 peoples.  There is no way we can accommodate all our friends, my New Century coworkers, our Generations Church LA and Westside Fellowship family, friends and coworkers, and Comfort Inn Santa Monica managers.  Sorry.

RYAN TING worked at the Comfort Inn Santa Monica during the past two summers and has chosen to pursue a degree in Hospitality.  He is applying to various colleges and universities that offer a degree in hospitality management, with emphasis on the hotel/motel management.  He is growing in maturity and compassion and has been very helpful and supportive of Alice as she cares for her mother and sister. He has no girlfriend yet.  He says that he is picky and is waiting to get his life together before he gets serious with anyone.  Wise decision.

ALICE TING, Caregiver & Wifee.
Alice is the primary caregiver to both her 98 y.o. mother and Kitty, her older sister.  Mrs Kee Lan Lau will turn 99 this year. Amazing.  However, Kitty has stage 4 cancer and has stopped all chemotherapy (not working.)  She is now living in our home and undergoing experimental immunotherapy treatment.  We pray that God will give her more years of quality life with us.  Whereas our prayer for Alice's mom is that God take her quickly, painlessly and merciful when God calls her to return home.  We are always worried about her falling and hurting herself, but she refuses to accept any outside help, and will definitely NOT GO to an assisted care facility or nursing home (that'll never happen!) 2019 was a tough year.  2020 could be even tougher.

Family Vacation Trip to Vancouver B.C. (our only trip) in October 2019.  After the passing of my father, we just had to getaway and take a family vacation together.  Erin flew up from San Jose and Ryan from San Diego for the weekend.  Alice and I flew in and flew out a few extra days earlier and later.  It was a great trip. I'm thankful that Erin and Ryan still enjoy traveling and vacationing with us.  Next year, it'll be family trips with Mr. Gus Schillaci and Mrs. Erin Ting Schillaci.

HENRY TING MULTI-TASKING
As if Henry wasn't busy enough already, now he took on new responsibilities to watch over the family business.  He has several ongoing responsibilities:

  • VP of New Century Insurance Services
  • Managing General Partner of the Comfort Inn Santa Monica
  • Chairperson of Generations Church LA without a Lead Pastor (Pastoral Search Committee member)
  • Trustee and Director of Ting Taiwan Missions Foundation

Something's gotta give.  I guess this blogspot helps me to vent; to re-think; and express and address my worries and life challenges.

Above all, I am still grateful to God for keeping me alive (from 9/30/2008 accident) and financial blessings above and beyond my earnings at New Century Insurance Services.  I am grateful to Alice for being so supportive during my father's illness and death, and especially in dealing with my father's ex-wife/widow.  Maybe I need real therapy to overcome the mental/emotional trauma that she inflicted on me, and I upon her (the truth.)

Thanks for reading my blogspot.  Now back to work... Happy new year/Happy new decade everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment